2/11/2009

Until Christ is Formed in You 1

On the day when God tells us to cease all our efforts, each of us will look back at our past years of laboring. All the traces of the gospel which we have left will be recorded in heaven and we will be judged to see if we have walked the path of faith deserving the blessings of heaven.
Before that day sweeps on like chaff, we have to reflect upon whether or not we are fully prepared to enter into the kingdom of heaven. As we look into the parable of the ten virgins in the Bible, the five were ready and met the bridegroom, while the other five were not fully prepared and missed their chance to get into the wedding banquet (Matt 25:1-13).
There are lots of things we have to prepare. First and foremost, we must have God in us to the fullest. It is important whether or not we fully rely on God. We should avoid all kinds of worldly thoughts and desires that lead to eternal death and always dwell in God rather than waste our God-given time doing meaningless things. Believing firmly that all the prophecies written in the Bible will surely be fulfilled, we are to put more effort into saving souls, without wasting a minute?not even a second.
Our body is the temple of God
Every saint of God is a place where God dwells?the temple of God. We, God's people, are to always put God in the center of our life and be holy, as God is holy.

1 Cor 3:16-17 『Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.』

The above verse says that if anyone defiles God's temple, God will destroy him. The temple of God is defiled by idolatry. When we look at the Old Testament history, we can see that when the temple of God was filled with all sorts of idols, it provoked God to anger and brought disaster. On the contrary, Kings Hezekiah and Josiah purified the temple by destroying all the idols through the Passover, so that they were blessed by God.
Unless we correctly understand God who lives in us, we come to commit foolish acts of worshiping idols instead of God. It is just like the Israelites claimed to serve God but worshiped all sorts of idols such as Baal and Asherah in the temple, not realizing that fact.
Keeping in mind that we are God's temple, we are to perform our function as the temple of God?as the temple of the LORD in the age of the Father, as the temple of Jesus Christ in the age of the Son and as the temple of the Spirit and the Bride?Elohim Gods?in the age of the Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul always had God within him.


Gal 2:20 『"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."』

Gal 6:14-17 『May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. … Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. 』

"I have been crucified with Christ." By these words Paul meant that he had died spiritually to himself. When I myself am crucified and dead to sin and only when Christ lives in me, I can be a true Christian.
Paul made lots of efforts to help God's people fill their hearts with Christ, not with worldly things, teaching them God's word, giving them hope for heaven and confessing his faith in public. By doing so, he began to imitate Christ in His suffering.
http://usa.watv.org/

2 comments:

NaNa said...

Amen~^^ God bless you~!!!

♥Spirit-Bride♥ said...

Amen.
I will also follow theexample of Christ Ahnsahnghong & Heavenly mother.
Thanks to Father & Mother
God bless you!